Saturday, July 25

Front Porch Studies [by way of the blackberry]

Man, Dolton sucks. Especially at nighttime. Quiet as all hell, and just plain dead. Am I in the country or 10 minutes away from Chicago, because sometimes I get confused my damn self. Ugh.

Anyways, it's a Saturday night and I'm sitting on my front steps listening to k-os, drinking water and doing absolutely nothing. I've been consistently doing nothing since I got in from work yesterday afternoon at about 3*30. I promptly took a motrin (I been havin these crazy migraine/headaches consistently for the past week and a half), made some oatmeal, talked to mom dukes and fell the fuck asleep. I'm the best bullshitter I know besides Mayah. But I digress. I woke up a couple of times (well, not really woke up per se, but I was coherent enough to engage in small talk with mommy), and then I woke up at like 8 something or other and started watching a Living Single Megathon on TVOne. Pops came home from Great America (which is still a wtf moment on so many levels in my brain at the moment), and I stayed home with him and we chatted / recounted his day at the park lol. Pop Dukes is on some other shit, real talk. Ehn-ee-wayz, I ended up going to Subway at about 10ish and stayed entirely too long. Came home, smashed the food with pops, and returned to the megathon lol. Had some convos with Tiesh & Benson, and went to sleep somewhere around 4ish...

Woke up to the megathon at about 11 (people stay sleeping on that show to this day lol), and all in all I aint do a damn thing all day. Cleaned up the guestroom, bathed, ate & shat a couple of times, waxed poetics with mom and pop dukes (my parents are truly cool lol), and now I'm here. On my porch.
That quiz I took on Facebook about me being alone but not lonely is TOO damn true.

It is now 9*19PM. Shit, I finished all my water.

The suckiest thing about sitting outside after the sun goes to sleep on this hemisphere is that freaky ass bugs crawl on you and shit, and then when you think there's a bug crawling on you, it's just your paranoia.

Now listening to Elevators by OutKast. ATLiens = classic. I think it might be my fave of theirs; this and Aquemini battle constantly. I still have yet to listen to Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik.

My iPod just fell on my concrete step. I have THE hardbodiest iPod this way of the Mason-Dixon. FACT.

I just missed Big Boi's whole fucking 1st verse on Ova da Wudz because this dude on a motorcycle decided he wanted all of dorchester and the village of dolton to hear him. Bitchassnigga.

I haven't been on the computer since yesterday. I'm content with that, yo. Sometimes it feels good to stay away from that drug.

I'mma start a twitter page. Within the next 15 - 30 days. I already have a name picked and everything. I needa let Tiesh know so I can follow the right mothafuckas. I already have an idea of whom to follow though; I've been on my Santa game - making lists and checking them twice.

It's almost August and I don't have any mosquito bites. I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm leaning more on the former.

I need to apologize to my liver in advance before August starts. Just sayin'.

Boom bap.

...and this concludes my Train of Thought.

It's been real.

Mainstream -- Outkast.

1 comment:

A.Smith said...

Stream of consciousness is my most favorite way to communicate. If only everyone felt that way.

Twitter is the business -- get on it post haste. :)